Friday, August 24, 2012

Peach-Blackberry Crumble

The farmer's market has been flooded with peaches!!!  I love peaches, and just eating plain is good enough for me!  However, sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach (or Ben can't handle eating sweet foods for a spell), and I am stuck with peaches that are close to expiring!  Oh no!!! 

So I pulled out the ol' recipe book and gave it a flip through and came across my Strawberry-Rhubard Crumble recipe I made in June--EUREKA!  I had frozen blackberries in my freezer (that my wonderful future father-in-law picked for us!)--I'll make Peach-Blackberry Crumble with cinnamon and almonds added! 




So I used the crumble recipe replacing the strawberries and rhubarb with peaches and blackberries.  I added 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sliced almonds to the topping.  The result was DELICIOUSNESS!!!  (Sorry for no picture of the final result--I was in a hurry and the crumble was eaten within 12 hours of it's making LOL).

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly