Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Peach Sangria

Ahhh peaches!  A nice warm, ripe peach on a hot summer day is just heaven.  Ben and I love peaches so I have been buying them like a crazy-person (have you noticed that I am a bit crazy when it comes to food?).  I had just bought six peaches at the farmer's market when I saw this peach sangria recipe at my new favorite blog, The Shiksa in the Kitchen, and knew I had to make it!  Not only did I have a bottle of peach schnapps just sitting in my closet (I don't really make many cocktails, and it was left over).  Thanks to the best friend, I had tried a moscato (sweet white wine) which I don't usually drink since I am a dry, red wine person. 

{A refreshing glass of sangria on a hot day!}

My mom just moved into a new house, and I brought this over as a house-warming gift of sorts.  This drink was very refreshing and peachy!  It's definitely one of my favorites, and it really couldn't be easier to make! 

{Fresh peaches}

{Use a sweet wine to make this recipe}

{Allow it to set overnight so the peaches infuse flavor}

Peach Sangria (Alcoholic)

Ingredients

3 large fresh yellow peaches, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup peach liqueur or peach schnapps
1 bottle moscato white wine
1 liter ginger ale, chilled
  1. Place the sliced peaches into the bottom of the sangria pitcher.
  2. In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool. This is your simple syrup.
  3. Pour the simple syrup, peach liqueur and white wine over the peaches. Stir.
  4. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
  5. When ready to serve, top the pitcher off with chilled ginger ale and stir gently.
  6. Serve in wine glasses, allowing a piece of fruit or two into each glass.
To make this non-alcoholic simply replace the white wine with white grape juice and the liqueur with peach juice.

What is your favorite summertime drink?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly