Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Roasted Parsnips with Onions

I was curious about parsnips; I'd never really cooked or eaten one.  I thought "why not?"  I like them, but my husband--not so much.  I saw this recipe in the Whole Living magazine and looked easy enough so I put them on the grocery list for the next week. 

{Roasted and carmelized to delicious-ness!}

Parsnips look like albino carrots; they have a medium, rooty flavor that paired well with the rosemary.  I am beginning to have a healthy respect for this over-looked vegetable, but my husband is not taking to it like I am...  *sigh*  I have one more parsnip recipe to try on him (I get him to try something at least 3 different ways before I give up).

{Oiled and seasoned!}

Roasted Parsnips with Sweet Onions

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients

1 pound parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 pound vidalias or other sweet onion, chopped
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. In a baking dish, combine parsnips, onoins, and rosemary.
  3. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and toss until coated; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  4. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until parnsips are tender.
With this recipe, you want some of the pieces to get carmelized because it gives it much more flavor.  Have you experimented with anything lately?  I'd love to hear it!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly