Monday, April 22, 2013

Lemon Ginger Cookies

Sometimes in life, you want something sweet to eat that's light but not chocolate.  I had one of those cravings the other day.  I had a leftover package of sugar cookie mix from Christmas baking so I took to my fridge to see what else I had.  Oh look!  Lemon and ginger!!!  Let's just say--this is an epic cookie!  The flavor is clean and crisp, sweet and indulgent, but not overpowering...  I'm a bit sad that I shared with co-workers and family.....

{I'm pretty sure this is what summer tastes like!}

{Regular sugar cookie mix}

{Cookie ingredients with the addition of lemon and ginger!}

{Mix all ingredients together until dough forms} 

{I have a cookie scoop that I am sooo glad I invested in--makes even, beautiful cookies!}

Lemon Ginger Cookies

Makes 16 cookies

1 pouch (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
  1. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until a soft dough forms.
  2. On waxed paper, shape each half into an 8 inch long roll; wrap dough in waxed paper.
  3. Freeze dough for 1 hour or refrigerate for 3 hours.
  4. Preheat oven to 350.
  5. Cut the roll into 16 slices; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
  7. Cool one minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
These cookies are very soft especially when you get them right-as-they-are-turning-golden (I'm a soft cookie woman), but ziploc bags are not a good storage solution for these cookies.  By the time I gave some to my mom, they were crumbs!  She tasted a larger piece and instantly forgave me for bringing her 'crumbled cookies'.  I hope she ate it over vanilla frozen yogurt like I suggested (and deep down wanted to come over and have some myself) or even out of the bag with a spoon.  Yes--these cookies are that delicious!!!  So go make some!  Like NOW!!!!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly