Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I've always loved chicken cordon bleu.  Cutting into a juicy chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese--what's not to love?  However, stuffing it without breaking the chicken breast or having all the cheese melt out--difficult.  When I saw this recipe for chicken cordon bleu made in a crockpot--I admit that I was skeptical.  However, I am so glad I made it AND that it tastes heavenly AND that it was easy.

{Sorry for the blurry picture--I had worked 12 hours, and I was HUNGRY!!!}

{Place cream of chicken on the bottom of the crockpot}

{Layer chicken, ham, and swiss cheese on top}

{Layer stuffing and butter on top}

{This is how it looked cooked--not much different right?  I checked it (see lower left hand corner) and might have eaten a third of a chicken breast in my hunger...  Oops!}

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Makes 4 servings

4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1-10.75 oz can of cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
8 slices ham
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 box stuffing for chicken
5 tablespoons butter, melted
  1. In the bottom of the crockpot, spread 1/2 of the can of cream of chicken soup.
  2. Layer chicken breast on top of the cream of chicken soup.
  3. Place ham slices then cheese slices on top of the chicken breasts.
  4. Mix milk and remaining cream of chicken soup together until well combined.
  5. Pour the milk mixture over the cheese layer.
  6. Pour stuffing on top of the milk mixture.
  7. Pour butter over stuffing.
  8. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.
  9. Serve.
The stuffing does get kinda soggy cooking that long, but I liked that!  If you don't, then just pour the milk mixture over the layers.  When the chicken is done, remove and add the sauce to the stuffing on the stovetop, that would most likely solve the soggy-stuffing problem.

This kinda inspired me to try another favorite in the crockpot: Chicken Wellington.  Hmmmm......

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly