Monday, September 30, 2013

Spaghetti

Ahhh spaghetti!  We love this dish so much especially since making a homemade sauce is much easier than most people think!  And making extra to freeze for an easy meal?  Even better!  (Although, the hubby will just make more pasta and stash it away for the next day's meal(s)--hey what can I do?)

{Spaghetti with Parmesan cheese!}

{Sauteing the meat, oil, onions and garlic together}


{Adding the remaining ingredients to the meat}

{Simmer 30-45 minutes (the longer the better!)}

{Spaghetti before the cheesing}

One year ago:  Peanut Butter Cookies

Spaghetti

Serves 4

1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2-15 oz cans diced tomatoes
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
1-6 oz can tomato paste
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon steak seasoning
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pasta, cooked
Parmesan cheese, grated
  1. Place ground beef, olive oil, onions and garlic in a pan; saute until cooked through.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 30-45 minutes (the longer the better!).
  3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  4. Serve over pasta and with Parmesan cheese.
I love comfort foods like this.  It always brings back memories of cooking with my mom; I started assisting around age 12 (when I was tall enough to look over pots and pans on the stove).  By age 16, I was making dinner several times a week, and now I continue to make meals.  It's a labor of love that I happily bear, unless I'm too tired or don't feel like it.  Then it's a sandwich and leftovers.  Hey--no one's perfect!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly