Monday, September 9, 2013

Tropical Chicken

I wasn't really sure what to call this recipe....  It just came together, and I used ingredients that are typical for the tropics/Asia.  No matter what it's called--it's delicious!

{Tropical chicken with steamed veggies and rice noodles}

{Marinating chicken}

{I loved the marinade so much that I decided to make it into a sauce for the chicken}

{I used cornstarch to thicken the sauce}

{So funny story (not really) but the grill ran out of gas as I was trying to cook these...  So I baked them!  I made them again but on the grill this time, and they were delicious!}

{Thickened sauce}

Tropical Chicken

3/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 bunch green onions, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
1 can coconut milk
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  1. Mix all ingredients except chicken together in a bowl.
  2. Add chicken and marinate overnight.
  3. Grill or bake chicken until done (either method is delicious!), reserving marinade.
  4. In a saucepan, heat marinade until hot and add cornstarch to thicken.
  5. Serve with rice or rice noodles and steamed vegetables.
So really interesting story--the hubby went hunting this weekend and brought back three squirrels.  That's right--SQUIRRELS.  I promised that if he brought them home, I would cook them and eat them.  There are surprisingly few recipes on the internet for squirrels (I needed a starting point/idea).  Don't worry it's not going on the blog.  Just sharing a culinary challenge because I like challenges :o)

Have a great Monday!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly