Monday, December 16, 2013

BBQ Ribs (Crock-pot)

I am not a big rib fan, but I made this because we had ribs from a pig my hubby helped slaughter which needed to be made somehow.  What better way to make BBQ ribs?  However, with our below-freezing temperatures, grilling was not an option so I looked around online to see if and how it could be made in a crock-pot.

Lo and behold, it's as easy as stick them in the crock-pot covered in your favorite BBQ sauce!

{BBQ Ribs in a crock-pot}

{Very important to spray non-stick first!}

{Bathe the ribs in beautiful BBQ sauce!}

{No--don't add liquid!  They'll be fine, I promise!}

{After 12 hours--see what I mean?}

{The ribs were so tender, you could just pull the bone straight out!}

BBQ Ribs (Crock-pot)

Serves 4 (or 1 wife and 1 very hungry hubby)

2 racks of pork ribs
2/3 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
  1. Spray inside of crock-pot with non stick spray.
  2. Place on rack of ribs in the crock-pot and coat with BBQ sauce (both sides).
  3. Place the second rack on top of the first and coat with BBQ sauce (both sides).
  4. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
  5. Serve.
I loved these ribs!  Definitely making these again!  By now, I am fairly well convinced that a crock-pot can handle and do just about anything! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly