Friday, December 13, 2013

Food for Thought


{Dunes at Indian Rocks Beach in Florida}

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

It’s a dangerous business, going out your front door.

~J.R.R. Tolkien

I am channeling Tolkien today since the hubby and I will be seeing the Hobbit this weekend (sooo excited!!!).  It's funny how quotes people have said 50, 100, or 1000 years ago can have such relevance today.  I am guilty sometimes of valuing gold over food, cheer and family--then the hubby brings me back down to reality (which I love him for!).  Personally, I think "your front door" is not only literal but also figurative because you are never the same person once you leave your comfort zone, and that is indeed dangerous  ;o)

I hope that you have a lovely and beautiful weekend!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly