Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Homemade Hamburger Helper

I try really, really hard not to buy processed foods.  Sometimes, I just can't help craving Three Cheese Hamburger Helper.  Why?  Growing up we had it several times a month (if not at least once a week).  To make it healthier my mom added veggies.  Such a comfort food for me, but as an adult I cringe at all the additives so I set out to make my own from scratch!

{Homemade Hamburger Helper}

Seriously delicious!  The hubby ate all of it that night and requested that I make it again the next night!

{Brown beef}

{Add veggies of your choice}

{Add cream cheese and milk to make sauce}

{This pasta is veggie pasta--how sneaky am I?}

{Sauce is made}

{Add hot, cooked noodles}

 {Stir in pasta which will absorb a good amount of sauce in it's spirals}

Homemade Hamburger Helper

Makes 4 servings

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon steak seasoning
8 oz veggies (your choice)
1 cup milk
8 oz cream cheese
Pasta, cooked
  1. Heat a skillet to medium high and cook meat, onions, and garlic until done.
  2. Add steak seasoning and veggies to cook through.
  3. Add milk and cream cheese, stirring to melt and combine.
  4. Add pasta.
  5. Serve. 
I will take this time to apologize for being MIA--it's been crazy busy at work, and I didn't have the time to post anything (I did have these ready I promise!).  Anyway, life is returning to normal so it's back to the regular schedule!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly