Monday, January 27, 2014

Chicken Soup for the Ickies

When someone requests a recipe, I am more than happy to help!  Especially when it's my magical healing chicken soup recipe.  I only make this when I, or a loved one, is sick or not feeling well.  I always make sure to have everything on hand too.  That just makes it really easy to whip up because when you are not feeling well, you don't want to stand there and chop everything up....

Chicken Soup for the Ickies
{Chicken Soup for the Ickies}

Cooking chicken soup
{Cooking chicken soup.  I make sure to have everything on hand, just in case!  I chop carrots and celery and keep them in the freeze for all my recipes, but especially this one!}

Ready to chop chicken for soup
{After simmering for 1 hour, it's time to chop the chicken}

Chopped chicken for soup
{Chopped chicken for soup}

Chicken soup side view
{Chicken soup side view}

Chicken soup bite size view
{Chicken soup bite size view}

There have been studies as to whether or not chicken soup really does heal sickness.  In my humble opinion, anything made with love and care will heal sickness.  It's important to pour love into this recipe!  (That's what makes it so delicious!)

I also don't put noodles or rice in my chicken soup.  I try to restrict my carb intake, but if you would like to add one of them, please feel free!

Chicken Soup for the Ickies

Serves 6

2 quarts chicken broth
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
Noodles or rice, optional
  1. Place all ingredients except noodles or rice, in a large pot.
  2. Simmer for 1 hour (aka steaming not boiling!).
  3. Take chicken out and chop into bite-sized pieces.  Be careful!  Chicken will be hot!
  4. Place chicken back into pot and stir.
  5. Serve (with more pepper if you wish!).
This is an original recipe from me.  I'm very proud of this one because the flavors are so delicious!  Even the hubby who doesn't like soup (it's not a meal!) had two bowls of this soup and didn't complain one bit that it was "just soup".  He doesn't get sick too often, but when he does, this is the first meal he requests.

I hope that you don't have to use this for sickness, just for sheer pleasure!  If you do, get well soon!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly