Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chicken Romanoff

I acquired a large amount of cottage cheese so I went looking for recipes with cottage cheese in them, and I found this excellent recipe.  I absolutely loved this recipe, but the hubby wasn't too thrilled.  It was the peas--way too many for his taste...  In his defense, I might have just dumped peas in the crock-pot and not measured out the exact 1 cup the recipe called.

Chicken Romanoff
 {Chicken Romanoff}

Mixing sauce ingredients
 {Mixing sauce ingredients}

Cover chicken with sauce
{Cover chicken with sauce}

add peas
{Add peas}

Chicken Romanoff
from Betty Crocker

Serves 4

1 package chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 oz cottage cheese
12 oz sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup frozen peas
Pasta, cooked
Chives or green onions (optional for garnish)
  1. Place chicken in the bottom of a crock-pot.
  2. Mix onion, pepper, cottage cheese, sour cream, cheese, and flour together in a bowl.
  3. Pour cheese mixture over chicken thighs.
  4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.
  5. Add peas and cook until heated through, about 45 minutes.
  6. Serve over pasta with chives as garnish.
Sorry about my recent absence....  Without going into detail or living in the past, let's just say that I am glad last week is over!  I am looking forward to this week and what it has to bring!

Have a great week!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly