Thursday, February 6, 2014

Creamed Corn

I've only ever made corn either steamed on the stove top, boiled on the stove top, in a pudding, or grilled.  The hubby and I got into a discussion of his love of corn, and he said that he really, really loved cream corn.  So I decided to see what I could do, and being the lazy person I am, I found a recipe for the crock-pot!

Creamed corn
{Creamed corn}

cream cheese butter corn
{Place ingredients in the crock-pot}

 Done creamed corn
{Stir and eat!}

Creamed Corn meal
{I had it with seared steak, steamed broccoli and Cajun Garlic Bread}

He said it was"okay", but he ate at least 3 generous helpings that night!  I managed to freeze a quart bag for a rainy day.  I think that he thought it was more than "okay".

Creamed Corn
from Damn Delicious

Makes 8 servings

3 pounds corn, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
  1. Place corn in the crock-pot.
  2. Heat milk, sugar and pepper together and stir until sugar is dissolved.
  3. Pour milk mixture over corn.
  4. Top corn with cream cheese and butter.
  5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  6. Stir and add salt to taste.
  7. Serve.
How do you like to eat corn?  On the cob?  Popped?  Flavored any particular way?  I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly