Friday, February 21, 2014

Food for Thought


{Ansel Adams, Jeffrey Pine}

Wherever my travels may lead, paradise is where I am.

~Voltaire

When I first saw this quote, it was simply "Paradise is where I am".  I started thinking about that because it really struck a cord in me.  To me, that meant that this body and this moment is paradise and where I am meant to be, even when that body or moment is not very pleasant.  
I couldn't remember with certainty that it was Voltaire who said this so I googled it, and I saw the rest of the quote.  "Travels" and "where [you are]" can mean so many things--spiritually, mentally, physically--that this quote just moved much deeper for me.

I keep this quote in mind so that when an unpleasant moment happens, a happy, peaceful part of me believes paradise here with me no matter what, but sometimes it's hard and requires some wine, chocolate, laughter, or all of the above.

So here's to a weekend filled with chocolate, laughter, and a good book! (at least for me--maybe some wine too!)  I hope that you have a wonderful weekend enjoying your paradise!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly