Thursday, April 24, 2014

Food for Thought


{Tulips in the morning sunshine at the Arboretum}

Negative thinking is always expensive -- dragging us down mentally, emotionally, and physically -- hence I refer to any indulgence in it as a luxury.
 
~Peter McWilliams

I indulged in negative thinking last week, and let me tell you, I wasn't a happy camper.  As the quote states, it dragged me down mentally, emotionally and physically.  Then that made me even worse, and it's just a downward spiral from there!
 
I took a mental health day and changed my attitude, perspective, view, etc.  I let go of the things that I could not change and called on patience for the events that really irritated me.  All in all, this week has been great.

How do you pull yourself out of a funky mood?  I'd love to hear!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly