Friday, May 2, 2014

Food for Thought

{A picture frame with shards from our Polterabend}

Love is an act of faith, not an exchange.

~Paulo Coelho

Today starts a weekend of wedding fun since my brother will be getting married on Monday.  Tonight is the Polterabend!  In German tradition, guests come to the bride's house and smash ceramics, porcelain, and stone items like dishes to "break" everything bad that can happen to a marriage and to scare off the evil spirits.  Then the guests eat and drink while bride and groom clean up the mess, together. 

My hubby and I had one before our wedding, and it was a blast!  I thought I shared it on here, but I didn't.  I received a gift of a picture frame with some shards glued on the glass as an anniversary gift, and I adore it!  Whenever I am mad or upset with my hubby, I glance at it.  Then I remember that we are a team and need to work together.  Mushy-sentimental stuff, I know, but hey, I am allowed every now and then!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly