Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday Tip: Curry Powder

Some of the best recipes come in dire need.  For instance, this curry powder recipe is a perfect example.  I was making Indian Chicken Stew and realized that I short a very large amount of curry the recipe called for.  Not one to panic, I googled how to make curry powder and adapted it to what I had.  I used the curry powder several other times before declaring it delicious and my only curry powder from now on.  Sometimes out of dire circumstances comes beauty and new recipes!

Homemade Curry Powder
{Homemade curry powder}

Curry Powder

Makes 2 oz

4 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  1. Mix together until well combined.
  2. Store in an airtight container.
If you want more spice mixes, check out my taco, fajita, and Cajun recipes!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly