Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Banana Bread

I had a hankering for banana bread last week.  One of my favorite snacks/breakfasts is bananas and peanut butter (no mayo!).  I'm not a big sandwich fan; I just slather the banana with peanut butter and go about my way.  This is a family recipe; I don't add walnuts (not a big fan in my banana bread), but you are more than welcome to!

Banana Bread
 {Banana Bread}

Thawed bananas being mushed
 {I freeze my bananas before making banana bread so they do turn black.  However, they are much easier to mush after they've thawed from being frozen}

Wet ingredients
 {You mix all the wet ingredients together, and the batter looks like this--it's okay!  It will come together when you add the flour!}

Banana Bread batter
 {Add flour and the batter comes together!}

Banana Bread with peanut butter
 {Banana Bread with peanut butter (my favorite way to eat it!)}

One year ago:  Roasted Garlic

Banana Bread

Makes 1 loaf

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Grease the bottom of the loaf pan. 
  3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs until blended. 
  4. Add bananas and water until combined. 
  5. Stir in remaining ingredients until moistened. 
  6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes (knife inserted come out clean).
Another favorite breakfast with peanut butter is Pumpkin Bread which I make in the fall!  Do you have any favorite breakfast breads?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly