Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Grilled Shrimp with Yum-Yum Sauce

I love Japanese habachi!  However, I've not found a good place here in Lexington for it, and sometimes I want some of the yum-yum sauce they make!  So what did I do?  I looked around online for some ideas, and I marched to my kitchen to create it!  It took a few tries, but I finally found it!  The hubby likes his spicy so I included that part in the recipe, but without it, it tastes just like yum-yum sauce!

Grilled Shrimp with Yum-Yum Sauce
 {Grilled Shrimp with Yum-Yum Sauce}

One year ago:  Black Bean Confetti Salad

Grilled Shrimp with Yum-Yum Sauce

Makes 1 1/4 cup dipping sauce (enough for 4-6 servings)

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (cider vinegar will work in a pinch)

1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
40 raw shrimp, shelled, de-veined and skewered
  1. Mix all ingredients except the shrimp together until combined.
  2. Grill shrimp for about 5 minutes or until they turn pink.
  3. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Have you ever tried Japanese habachi (where they cook the food in front of you)/  If not, you really should because it's delicious!  I am working on finding a place, and I believe that it'll be perfect (it's in a town with a large Japanese population--I mean how can it not be good?!)!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly