Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hubby's Hamburgers

The hubby makes the BEST hamburgers that I have ever had in my life.  Seriously!  I'd always had lean burgers with bread crumbs, eggs, etc.  The hubby looked at me like I was crazy the first time we made burgers together.  He has since taught me, and I am NEVER going back!  He was reluctant to give up his recipe at first, and then he began giving me hamburger commandants which I had to write down so I could remember them!

Hubby's Hamburgers
 {Hubby's Hamburgers}

Pat out meat when it is COLD
 {Pat out meat when it is COLD}

Grill on LOW on top shelf and coat with steak seasoning
 {Grill on LOW on top shelf and coat with steak seasoning}

Perfect hamburgers every time
 {Perfect hamburgers every time!}

Burgers with Beer Cheese with pretzel buns
{Add whatever toppings you want!  We love Beer Cheese with pretzel buns!}

One year ago:  Pork Souvlaki Kebabs

Hubby's Hamburger Patties

Makes 8-4 oz burgers or 4-8 oz burgers

2 pounds ground beef 80/20
2 tablespoons steak seasoning
  1. Separate meat into even amounts of patties you want; make sure that the meat is cold.
  2. Pat them out so they are roughly the same size and shape.
  3. Heat grill to LOW.
  4. Place patties on the top shelf of the grill and coat with steak seasoning (some of it will fall off when you flip them).
  5. NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER PRESS THEM (verbatim from hubby).
  6. Flip only once when browned on one side.
  7. If a fire flares up, squirt with water.
  8. Cook until desired temperature is reached; it takes about 20 minutes for well done burgers.
  9. Serve.
What kind of toppings do you love on your burgers?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly