Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pumpkin Juice

I'll let you in on a little secret--I am slightly obsessed with Harry Potter!  I've always been intrigued by the pumpkin juice the author mentions several times, and I have been looking around on the internet for a recipe that sounded decent.  In the end, I just winged it, and it was delicious!

Pumpkin Juice
 {Pumpkin Juice}

Pumpkin Juice
 {So delicious!  I couldn't keep it in the house!}

Pumpkin Juice

Makes 12 cups

2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground  nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2-3 cups apple juice (local), depending on how thin you want the juice (I used 3 cups)
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
  1. Mix pumpkin and spices together until combined.
  2. Mix remaining ingredients together in a large pitcher.
  3. Chill overnight.
  4. Serve (stir before serving as the pumpkin will settle and separate a bit). 
This was incredibly delicious!  I made at least three pitchers over the last few weeks.  I gave some to my mom, and she immediately asked for the recipe!  This would be great for Halloween parties because it can be made a day or two ahead of time!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly