Wednesday, January 14, 2015

almond butter

My family has a slight obsession with nuts.  My grandfather and myself eat nuts every day in some form or another.  The Hubby LOVES peanut butter (as in straight out of the jar), and the rest of my family eats it a few times a week.  I was at the farmer's market last year, and someone was handing out samples of almond butter they had made.  We started talking, and she said it was really easy and handed me a recipe card.  I wasn't successful with her recipe, but I did some research and found out that all you need is the nut itself (her recipe had me adding oil and such to the nuts).

almond butter
 {almond butter}

almond butter
 {I prefer eating almond butter with pears, but apples or by the spoonful will work too!}

almond butter
 {I was completely lazy and used pre-roasted and pre-salted nuts, but you can buy raw almonds and make the butter from that or roast them yourself}

Almond Butter

Makes 2 cups

3 cup almonds, whichever you like to eat (dry roasted, roasted, roasted and salted, etc)
1-2 tablespoons honey (optional and local)
  1. Place almonds in a food processor and puree until smooth, about 7 minutes.
  2. Taste and add salt if desired.
  3. Add honey if you would like.
  4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. 
You can make nut butter with any nut really.  I am tempted to start making my own peanut butter!  You can make cashew butter or walnut butter--go wild!

Do you like eating nut butter?  Which is your favorite?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly