Thursday, February 19, 2015

honey mustard dressing

I have no idea why it took me so long to just make my own honey mustard.  I have been searching high and low for one from the store, and it just hit me to make it with my favorite KY Proud sweet garlic mustard.  DUH!

 {I love to eat salad as a main dish especially with meat and cheese!}

 {Even mixed with mayonnaise, my dressing was still very bright!}

one year ago:  tzatziki (garlic sauce)
two years ago:  black bean ragout (vegetarian)

honey mustard dressing

makes 1 cup

1/3 cup favorite mustard (local)
1/3 cup favorite mayonnaise
1/4-1/3 cup honey (depends on the sweetness of other ingredients)
Salt and pepper
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Taste and adjust seasonings.
  3. Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
I actually prefer honey mustard dressing over ranch especially when there is poultry, cheese, and onions on my salad.  Do you have a favorite dressing?  Do you make it or buy it?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly