Tuesday, June 30, 2015

wasabi noodles

As I was cleaning out my fridge, I noticed that I had a large bottle of wasabi so I went and searched for some recipes.  I was hesitant to make this recipe since wasabi is very spicy and hot, but we absolutely loved it in this dish.  I used more than I ever would have guessed (3 tablespoons!), but add a little at a time if you are apprehensive.  I don't like my food too spicy, but this was prefect.

wasabi noodles
{wasabi noodles}

wasabi noodles
from www.shewearsmanyhats.com

makes 4 servings

8 ounce, weight dry noodles (soba, udon or rice)
2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
1 pound beef, cubed
1 pound sugar snap peas (local)
3 tablespoons wasabi
1/4 cup honey (local)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Fresh cucumber, cilantro and green onions, chopped (optional)
  1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. 
  2. Drain noodles. 
  3. Heat sesame seed oil in a pan until hot; add beef and sear on one side.
  4. Cook beef until done.  Turn off heat.
  5. Add sugar snap peas, wasabi, honey, soy sauce, and citrus juice to meat.  Taste and add more wasabi if desired.
  6. While still warm, gently toss with noodles. 
  7. Garnish with sesame seeds, cucumber, green onions, and/or cilantro, if desired.
  8. Serve.
This dish was originally vegetarian, but The Hubby needs meat.  I would eat this without meat.  Just whisk together the dressing ingredients and add to hot noodles.

Do you like to eat wasabi?
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly