Tuesday, June 2, 2015

what's in season | June

The farmer's market really starts beginning to pick up in June, and I couldn't really be more excited! 

{not the best quality since it was taken on my phone (strawberries from the in-laws, onions, beeswax, and greens}

The market is getting more and more crowded the later you come so to get the best produce, go before 9:30 AM.  Here's what to look for in Kentucky this month:

Asparagus (I didn't see much last week, and it is winding down according to some of the farmers I spoke with)
Beans (type varies)
Beets
Blackberries (late June)
Blueberries
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Cucumbers
Eggplant (late June)
Greens (type varies)
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Okra (late June)
Green onions
Peaches (late June)
Peas
Radishes
Raspberries
Summer squash
Strawberries (early June)
Turnips

What are you most looking forward to eating?  I can't decide, but I do LOVE peaches!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly